Week 21 Spelling – sky – fly – try – dry – find – kind – night – high – light – right – eye – buy
As the spelling words are getting more difficult, please take time to review them at home. This week’s words have the following Spelling Strategy: The vowel sound in sky, find, and night is the long i sound. The long i sound may be spelled y, i, or igh. Thanks for your help! 🙂
Dr. Bishop wanted us to remind you to use the Miller road driveway to drop off and pickup your children. Our building was specifically designed to provide this safe drop off and pick-up lane so you and your child don’t have to cross the busy parking lot. Please take advantage of this special feature of our building! 🙂
WOHE Night at the Ballgame! Join us at the basketball game Friday night @ 7:00 and show your Willard Tiger Spirit!!
Mark your calendar for Monday night, the 13th! It is our celebration for Mr. Popper’s Penguins! We will have several activities around the building and finish with watching the movie. More information will be coming home later in the week.
Don’t miss the Bookfair next week (Feb.13-16). It will be open Monday-Wednesday 8:15-4:00 and Thursday 8:15-7:00 (the night of the Talent Show). It’s a great way to build your child’s home library and support our school!
VALENTINE PARTY: We will be having our party on Tuesday, the 14th from 2:20-3:20. We will be making Valentines at school and decorating a bag, too. So you won’t need to purchase a thing! We are teaming up with a buddy classroom to celebrate. PTO is providing a snack and favors in the commons area. It should be great fun for the kiddos and no pre-party stress for you! Let us know if you have any questions.
Upcoming Events –
- Friday, February 10 – WOHE Night at the Ballgame @ 7:00
- Monday, February 13 –Mr. Popper’s Penguins Activity & Movie Night
- Monday, February 13-16 – Bookfair 8:15-4:00 M-W, 8:15-7:00 TH
- Tuesday, February 14 – Valentine Party @ 2:20
- Thursday, February 16 – Talent Show @ 6:00
- Friday, February 17 – No School
- Monday, February 20 – No School (snow makeup day if needed)
- Tuesday, February 28 – Spring Pictures & Class Pictures
- Wednesday , February 29 – TIGER PRIDE @ 2:30
If you would like more details about WOHE, check the WOHE parent blog @ http://woheparentblog.wordpress.com/
Have a great week!